A GENERAL TERMS
These General Terms apply to all users of the WIKIDANCE.tv website.
A1 About this website
The WIKIDANCE.tv website is owned and operated by Wiki TV Pty Ltd under the domain name “www.wikidance.tv”.
If you use the WIKIDANCE.tv website or register to become a Member on behalf of an association or other legal entity, you warrant that:
A2 Persons under the age of 18 years
Some Content on the WIKIDANCE.tv website may not be appropriate for persons under the age of 18 years.
If you are under the age of 18 years, you should ask your parent(s) or legal guardian for permission to visit the WIKIDANCE.tv website.
If you are a parent and you allow your child to use the WIKIDANCE.tv website, you should supervise your child at all times. We strongly encourage parents to supervise their child’s use of the internet and to teach them how to use the internet safely. For example, children should be taught:
- not to give out personal information, such as their full name, address or telephone numbers;
- not to fill out any forms or member registration screens without first asking their parent(s) for permission;
- not to download anything without first asking their parent(s); and
- to tell their parent(s) if someone or something makes them feel uncomfortable or scared.
A3 Links to other websites
The WIKIDANCE.tv website may contain links to third party websites. We do not sponsor or endorse the operators or content of any linked websites. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, we make no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any linked websites, material or products or services.
A4 Information available on the WIKIDANCE.tv website
The WIKIDANCE.tv website provides general information about dance styles, DanceWikis, dance studios and other organisations, dancers, dance products, and dance events worldwide. Some parts of the WIKIDANCE.tv website’s Content is provided by other users of the WIKIDANCE.tv website.
We do not warrant the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any of the information or services provided on the WIKIDANCE.tv website, which are provided on an “as is” basis.
A5 Your Content and Classified Ads
The WIKIDANCE.tv website provides facilities whereby you can provide or otherwise upload text, images, photos, videos, sounds or other materials (Your Content) onto the WIKIDANCE.tv website.
The WIKIDANCE.tv website also offers a classified section, in which Members can place small Classified Ads.
Your Content and Classified Ads will be publicly available to all users of the WIKIDANCE.tv website unless you choose to create a private profile where that option exists. We accept no responsibility for third party use of Your Content or any Classified Ads, or for your use of content that is uploaded by another user of the WIKIDANCE.tv website.
We accept no responsibility for monitoring the WIKIDANCE.tv website for inappropriate or illegal content uploaded by you or other users, or for inappropriate, misleading or illegal Classified Ads. Even if we choose at any time, in our sole discretion, to monitor the content, we assume no responsibility for any of the content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such content.
A6 Availability of the WIKIDANCE.tv website
As electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to the WIKIDANCE.tv website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We may withdraw the WIKIDANCE.tv website at any time and without notice to you.
We do not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Content on the WIKIDANCE.tv website. All Content is provided on an “as is” basis and without guarantees or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. All terms implied by law, except those that can not be lawfully excluded, are excluded. All Content is subject to change without notice. We do not warrant that the WIKIDANCE.tv website or any linked websites will be free from viruses or defects.
A8 Limitation of Liability
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, WIKIDANCE.tv and its directors, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to any Content on the WIKIDANCE.tv website, to any material on linked websites, or to your access or use of the WIKIDANCE.tv website, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise.
Our liability for breach of a condition or warranty implied by law which cannot be excluded is limited to the extent possible, at our option, to the supply of the goods or services again, the repair of the goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
A10 Copyright and trade marks
Copyright in the Content on the WIKIDANCE.tv website is owned or licensed by WIKIDANCE.tv, unless indicated otherwise.
“WIKIDANCE.tv” and all associated trade marks, are trade marks of WIKIDANCE.tv. Third party trade marks are trade marks of the respective third parties.
The law applicable to the WIKIDANCE.tv website and to disputes arising from or in connection with the WIKIDANCE.tv website is the law of the State of Western Australia, Australia.
You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
B MEMBER SERVICES
The WIKIDANCE.tv website offers facilities that allows individuals, clubs and groups who register with us to create unique profiles online in order to promote themselves and communicate with others (WIKIDANCE.tv Services).
If you are under the age of 18 years, you should ask your parent(s) or legal guardian for permission to register with WIKIDANCE.tv to become a Member.
B1 Registration for WIKIDANCE.tv Services
B1.1 Your warranties on registration
By using the WIKIDANCE.tv Services, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and
- your use of the WIKIDANCE.tv Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation
B1.2 Acceptance of your registration
We may choose to accept or decline your registration to become a Member. We may terminate your membership at any time, without warning and without cause.
When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party except with our prior written consent. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
B2 Use of WIKIDANCE.tv Services
B2.1 Non-commercial use
The WIKIDANCE.tv Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that we specifically endorse or approve in writing.
Without limiting this term, you must not:
- advertise to or solicit any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the WIKIDANCE.tv Services;
- cover or obscure the banner advertisements on your profile page, or any WIKIDANCE.tv website page via HTML/CSS or any other means; or
- display an advertisement on your profile, or accept payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for you performing any commercial activity on or through the WIKIDANCE.tv Services on behalf of that person.
B2.2 No illegal use
You must not use, nor allow any person to use, the WIKIDANCE.tv Services:
- fraudulently or illegally, or for any obscene, offensive or illegal purpose;
- to upload any content which is spiteful, indecent, defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or menacing, or otherwise inappropriate;
- to upload any content which is misleading or deceptive; or
- in such a way that may damage or affect the operation or quality of the Lucent Services, the WIKIDANCE.tv website or any telecommunications system used to provide the WIKIDANCE.tv Services.
B2.3 No inappropriate use
You must not use the WIKIDANCE.tv Services to infringe any rights of, or to cause unwarranted inconvenience or anxiety to, any other person, including without limitation by:
- collecting usernames or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited mail, for the purpose of unauthorised framing or for the purpose of linking to the WIKIDANCE.tv website;
- transmitting or assisting in the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts; or
- using any information obtained from the WIKIDANCE.tv website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
B2.4 Your Content that is prohibited – some examples
- be patently offensive or promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harass or advocate harassment of another person;
- contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contain a link to an adult website;
- promote conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promote an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contain restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons or devices, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses
- promote activities that may cause harm to other people, including without limitation the sale or exchange of dangerous goods, weapons, devices or animals;
- involve commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- include a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent.
WIKIDANCE.tv will comply with law enforcement requests for information to assist with inquiries related to any illegal activities.
B3 Intellectual property rights in Your Content
You must own all intellectual property rights in Your Content and be permitted to upload it to the WIKIDANCE.tv website.
You represent and warrant that the posting of Your Content using the WIKIDANCE.tv Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other money owing to any person by reason of Your Content.
By uploading Your Content to the WIKIDANCE.tv website, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, license to use, reproduce, republish, modify and exploit (including the right to sub-licence) Your Content, in any form or on any medium and for any purpose, including but not limited to posting Your Content on the WIKIDANCE.tv website or any third party website, using Your Content in any publication, database, archive, library or using Your Content for any promotion or marketing activity.
B4 Your Content that is posted
B4.1 We may edit and remove Your Content
While we are under no obligation to do so, we retain the right to review, edit, or remove from the WIKIDANCE.tv website any of Your Content, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice to you.
B4.2 You are solely responsible for Your Content
You are solely responsible for Your Content and for your interactions with other Members. We do not endorse and have no control over Your Content.
C CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING
The WIKIDANCE.tv website offers a classified section, in which Members can place small advertising notices (Classified Ads).
C1 Publication of Classified Ads
C1.1 Publication of Classified Ads
C1.2 Right to refuse or withdraw Classified Ads
C1.3 Right to vary format, presentation and text
We reserve the right to vary the placement of a Classified Ad within the WIKIDANCE.tv website, and to change its format or wording. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law, we will not be liable for any costs, expenses, losses or damage suffered or incurred by you or any other person arising from or in connection with our failure to publish a Classified Ad in accordance with your request.
When we decide to publish a Classified Ad that you submit, we will publish it under the classification heading that we reasonably believe is most appropriate. Classification headings are for the convenience of users of the Wikidance.tv website, and are determined at our discretion.
C2 Your warranties relating to Classified Ads
C2.1 No breach of laws etc
By submitting a Classified Ad to the WIKIDANCE.tv website, you warrant to us that the Classified Ad does not:
- breach or infringe any State or Commonwealth legislation, including without limitation any anti-discrimination legislation;
- contain any defamatory or obscene material;
- infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person, or breach an obligation of confidentiality owed to any other person;
- promote any activity that may cause harm to any person; or
- promote or involve the sale or provision of any dangerous goods, weapons, devices or animals.
C2.2 You are solely responsible
You are solely responsible for the content of any Classified Ad you submit. We do not endorse any Classified Ad.
D ONLINE SHOPPING
WIKIDANCE.tv acts as a venue to allow business (sellers) to offer and sell products and services to its members. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WIKIDANCE.TV IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL TRANSACTION BETWEEN BUYERS AND SELLERS. AS A RESULT, WIKIDANCE.tv HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF ITEMS OR CONTENT POSTED BY MEMBERS ON OUR SITE, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. WE CANNOT ENSURE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT A MEMBER OR BROWSER OF OUR SITE WILL ACTUALLY COMPLETE A TRANSACTION OR ACT LAWFULLY IN USING OUR SITE
WIKIDANCE.tv is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and to the extent permitted by law WIKIDANCE.tv specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage, (actual, special, direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your transaction.
WIKIDANCE.tv is not involved with or a party to any transactions that take place between members. WIKIDANCE.tv does not accept any liability in respect of your involvement in any mediation, arbitration, tribunal hearing, court proceeding or other proceedings (of whatever nature) with a buyer or a seller (as the case may be) in any way arising out of or in any way connected with your transaction. WIKIDANCE.tv may plead this Agreement in bar to any claim, action, proceeding or suit brought by you, against WIKIDANCE.tv for any matter arising out of any WIKIDANCE.tv transaction or otherwise in respect of this Agreement. This clause does not affect any rights you may lawfully have against WIKIDANCE.tv itself for its own acts or omissions.
All prices listed on the WIKIDANCE.tv website are in Australian dollars and include GST. All monetary transactions occur on a secure-website with 128-bit SSL encryption
- Classified Ads is defined in section C.
- Content is defined in clause A1.
- General Terms means the terms and conditions set out in section A.
- WIKIDANCE.tv, our, us or we means Wiki TV Pty Ltd (ACN 135 607 153)
- WIKIDANCE.tv Services is defined in section B.
- Members is defined in section B.
- Your Content is defined in clause A5.